The menstrual cycle is the process by which a woman’s body gets ready for the chance of a pregnancy each month.
Menstruation is the part of a woman’s monthly menstrual cycle in which blood and tissue are discharged from the vagina. It is also commonly called a period or menstrual period.
Read more on Irregular Menstruation Treatment and Menopause Treatment and Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Sometimes women have problems in their menstrual cycle - called menstrual irregularities. They may not get periods, get periods too frequently, have unpredictable menstrual bleeding, or they may have painful periods.
When not caused by pregnancy, menstrual irregularities are usually a sign of a larger condition or problem. There are many conditions that can cause menstrual irregularities.
Menstrual Problems causes
Premenstrual Tension and Menstrual Cramps
A few days before menstruation, some women become nervous and irritable. They suffer from depression, headaches, fullness in the breasts, insomnia, and swelling in the lower extremities. This may be due to a hormonal imbalance. These problems cease within twenty-four hours of the start of the menstrual flow.
Painful menstruation, as it is called in medical parlance, is a common condition.
The pain may be felt either two or three days before or immediately before or during the flow. This may also be due to a hormonal imbalance.
Amenorrhoea or Stoppage of Menstrual Flow
This is natural during pregnancy and at the menopause, but abnormal at any other time. It denotes a debilitated and devitalized condition of the body. The main causes contributing towards this condition are anemia, worry, grief, fright, or other serious emotional disturbances; malformation of the womb; tuberculosis; displacement of the womb; and debility, especially after a serious illness.
Menorrhagia or Excessive Menstrual Flow
This is common in some women. A variety of causes may be responsible for this trouble, including fibroids.
Home Remedies for Menstrual Problem
1. Parsley (ajmoda) is an easy and effective home remedy for the treatment of menstruation. This is useful for women who either have painful or no menstrual flow. The muscles in uterus contracts due to severe pain during menstruation, and this later cause irregular blood flow. Patient should take 1/2 cup of juice. This juice can be taken with other vegetable extracts like carrot juice.
2. Women with anemia suffer a lot during menstruation period. Sesame seeds (til) are good home remedy for relief from severe pain during the menstruation period. It also increases the blood release during menstruation. Take 1-2 teaspoon of sesame seeds in a glass of water and boil it. Allow it to stand for some time, strain the mixture. Drink this mixture one to two times a day.
3. Add some sesame seeds in a glassful of water. Drink this twice daily when you have menstrual pains.
4. Papaya is helpful in treating menstrual problems. Women (especially young females) suffering from poor flow of blood during their menstrual period or those who experience severe pain during this period should eat raw papaya. Papaya helps in proper functioning of the muscles of the uterus, which enable the proper flow of blood.
5. Banana is another useful fruit during the menstruation period. Women suffering from excess bleeding and severe pain at the back and stomach should take banana leaf, cooked in little oil, with curd. This gives fast relief from pain and also controls the excessive blood flow.
6. You can also try this easy and effective home remedy for menstrual pain. Prepare a mixture of coriander (dhania) seeds and water by adding 15-20 seeds in a glass of boiling water. Boil the mixture until half the water is evaporated. Allow it to stand for some time and drink. You can add little sugar in it as this mixture is bitter in taste. This will give fast relief from menstrual pain and also controls excess blood flow.